Here we have a few different recipe suggestions that are perfect to try out at a family BBQ, or any summer event in fact. Make the most of any sun we get and go outside to enjoy good food with great friends. We’ve even included a cocktail and dessert recipe.
Try Yutakas Yuzu Citrus Seasoning if you’re looking to change things up. This Japanese flavouring is made from the yuzu fruit and dresses up salads, noodles, meat desserts and drinks. It’s also low in calories and fat free so take a look at the recipe suggestions below:
Ingredients, serves 1
3-4 ice cubes
20 ml sake
40 ml vodka
2 tbsp Yutaka Yuzu Citrus Seasoning
150 ml tonic water
1/4 fresh lemon
- Add ice cubes into a glass then pour sake, vodka and Yutaka Yuzu Citrus Seasoning over the ice cubes.
- Squeeze the lemon into the glass.
- Fill with tonic water and stir before serving.
Wakame Seaweed Salad with Yuzu Miso Dressing
Ingredients, serves 2
3 tbsp wakame seaweed
½ cucumber, chopped
3-4 heads lettuce, shredded
Yuzu miso dressing:
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp hot water
3 tbsp miso paste
1 tsp sake
1 tsp mirin
3 tsp Yutaka Yuzu Citrus Seasoning
- Soak wakame seaweed in water for 20-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix sugar with hot water until dissolved, then add the miso paste, sake, mirin and Yutaka Citrus Seasoning. Stir until combined.
- Drain water from the wakame and mix with the cucumber and lettuce. Drizzle with the Yuzu miso dressing before serving.
The following could make a tasty dessert made using the BBQ so leave some space both on the Barbie and in your tummy!
BBQ Apple Kebabs with Ginger Yoghurt Dip
This recipe is from Pink Lady Apples who were inspired by the hot climate growing regions of their apples. This can make the perfect end to any barbeque and takes just 10 minutes to prepare and 5 to cook.
Ingredients, serves 2
1 Pink Lady apple, cored and cut into 12 wedges
150 g fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 4 cubes (1/4 small pineapple)
4 tbsp honey
150 g 0% fat Greek yoghurt
2 tsp freshly grated ginger
A few fresh mint leaves
- Thread the apples and pineapple onto 4 skewers. Brush with 1 tbsp honey. Heat your BBQ until really hot and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning until chargrilled.
- In a small bowl mix together the Greek yoghurt, ginger and remaining honey. Serve the kebabs with the yoghurt and scatter with the mint.