Login Register

Compensation route for care costs

By Staf Newsletter  |  Posted: February 26, 2013

Comments (0)

RESIDENTS across Staffordshire who paid for care they believe should have been provided by the NHS have until March 31 to apply for compensation.


NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC) is provided over an extended period to meet physical or mental health needs which have arisen after a disability, accident or illness. Funding is only provided where someone has a primary health need as opposed to social or residential care.

Anyone who had to pay for health care costs, such as nursing or residential home or for a package of care at home between April 1 2011 and March 31 2012, might be eligible.

Anyone concerned should phone 01782 298164 or 01889 571.

Read more from Staff Newsletter

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters