A FIRE at the Paul Reynold’s Centre in Stafford this afternoon saw a lock up containing wood, timber and propane cylinders go up in flames.
Firefighters were called to the business centre on Browning Street at 4.35pm and tackled the blaze with three pumps.
A spokesman for the fire service said no one had been injured in the incident.
“We managed to extinguish the fire and now we’re ventilating the ground floor,” she said. "We managed to remove the propane cyclinders safely.”
A spokesman for Staffordshire police confirmed the fire was at Ace Tyres and was being investigated by the fire department.
“Police patrols closed the road at the Greyfriars end to the Gaol Island end when they arrived at around 5.50pm,” she said “The road was reopened by 7.15.”