THE Friends of St Mary’s Church group has cooked up a book featuring recipes from some of Stafford’s prominent townsfolk.
And this week we’re featuring one recipe each day online. Today is the turn of Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy with his spinach and ricotta tart.
The book is £5 and available from La Creperie in Martin Street, Stafford, or by post from email@example.com.
This makes a wonderful light, summer’s meal. It is good served warm with sweet potato wedges or roasted squash. It is equally good served cold with salads.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 250g tub ricotta
- 200g spinach, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 270g pack of filo pastry
- ½ 145g tub of fresh pesto
- ½ 240g pack of sunblush or sundried tomatoes, in oil, chopped
- Heat oven to 170C
- Mix well the eggs, ricotta, spinach, pesto and spring onion.
- Mix a little melted butter with 1 tbsp oil from the tomatoes.
- Brush 1 sheet of filo with the butter/oil mixture and place in a 23cm tart tin. Repeat with all sheets of filo, arranging them overlapping around the tin.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Spoon in the filling, scatter with the tomatoes and bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Serve with sweet potato or squash wedges.