IT’S Tuesday which means it’s time for the next in our week-long series of recipes from prominent townsfolk featured in the St Friends of St Mary’s Church group’s new cook book.
Today is the turn of Ian Dudson, the Lord Lieutenant of Staffordshire, with his creamy chicken liver pate.
The book is £5 and available from La Creperie in Martin Street, Stafford, or by post from firstname.lastname@example.org
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 175g chicken livers, washed and drained
- 1tbsp brandy (optional)
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp double cream
- lemon twist and parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the chicken livers. Cover the pan and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid sticking.
- Add the brandy, if using, and cook for further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in plenty of salt and pepper and the cream.
- Sieve, liquidise or thoroughly mash the pate and put into 2 individual dishes.
- Chill until set and serve garnished with lemon and parsley.