A GRANT from the Staffordshire Charitable Trust has bolstered preparations for this year’s Gnosall Festival.
The G-Fest Working Group received the cheque for £500 which will be used to purchase equipment for the festival to be made available to community groups in the parish at a later date.
Residents are urged to get in touch with the parish council and suggest recipients for the money raised by the festival by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01785 822685 or 01785 822742.
The group’s next meeting is Thursday, February 7 at 7.30pm in the parish office and local groups are invited to send a representative.
This year’s Gnosall Festival is scheduled for Saturday 6th July - Sunday 14th July.
A celebration of the local community, their talents, heritage and environment the annual festival is run by local people with proceeds ploughed back into local projects in the area.
This year’s highlights are likely to include,
* Family fun run
* Drama productions by Gnosall Players and St Lawrence School
* The popular Open Gardens event on Sunday 7th July
* Ecumenical festival church service
* Walks in the surrounding countryside and on the Acres Open Space with its new board walk
* Local authors talking about their works
* A classical concert bringing together local musicians
* Tours of Norman St Lawrence Church
* Phoenix Open Day
* Brownies’ tea party for older residents
* Display of traction engines
* Film shows – a local ‘cinema’ will be set up with showings for children and adults
* Fishing event
* Recalling Gnosall's past in images
* Farmers’ market – a new event
* Beer festival
* Race night
* Cycle ride along the Millennium Way, the former railway line
* Made in Gnosall’ craft exhibition over the weekend of 13th to 14th July
Anyone wishing to participate or support the Festival Working Group can contact Gnosall Parish Council office on 01785 822 685 of the group’s chair on 01785 822 742.