As a new season begins women across the UK are shaking off the winter blues and preparing for spring.
Now is the time to shine and make sure you skin looks its best as we move into summer. Spring is the ideal season to start a skin detox so here are some top tips to help you look your best:
Top tips for Spring
1. Detox your beauty regime - women apply an average of 12 different face and body care products every day.
2. Exercise - avoid strenuous exercise during detox and try Pilates, yoga or walking instead.
3. Skin brushing - try dry skin brushing everyday towards your heart, starting at your feet and working your way up - to boost circulation and lymph drainage.
4. Planet Organic - Swap your lotions, oils and beauty products for natural, organic alternatives to reduce the amount of chemicals absorbed into your skin. Every beauty product counts towards your wellbeing!
5. Try a detox spa treatment - undo naughty winter indulgences and take part in a 24 hour detox - purifying and pampering are top of the menu.
6. Daylight - Get a much natural daylight as you can, the Vitamin D can help to boost your mood and make you feel energised. Don’t forget to wear at least an SPF 15 moisturiser every day even if it doesn’t look like the sun is strong.
7. Switch your soaps – many regular soaps are alkaline and dry out your skin, making it feel tight. Your skin needs 24 hours to start releasing new natural oils again so depleting them in this way means your skin doesn’t benefit from moisturisers that you use. A simple solution is to switch to a body wash or shower gel that is designed to hydrate your skin while you cleanse.
8. Moisturise – Apply body cream or moisturiser to damp skin when you’re fresh out of the shower, then reapply five minutes later. Here’s a tip: try taking the bottle of moisturiser into the shower with you so it’s nice and warm when you apply it afterwards.
9. Combat cellulite – women of all shapes and sizes get cellulite at some point. Experts say the best way to tackle dimpled skin is to eats lots of fruit and vegetables, drink plenty of water and exercise. On the other hand skin products like cellulite creams can’t hurt to try. The effects are temporary but the action of massaging cream into dimpled areas may help improve the appearance of your skin.
10. Extra Exfoliation – When you want deep exfoliation remember, do it for longer not harder as you cleanse your skin. The best time to exfoliate is fist thing in the morning. Make sure you exfoliate once or twice a week but don’t use products that contain granules that can damage your skin.