With recent temperatures in some parts of the UK higher than in many European destinations and most of the country basking in warm, sunny weather, it’s important to protect exposed skin from the sun’s potentially harmful UVA and UVB rays.
Karen Kennedy, Marketing Manager at Crawford Healthcare, says: “Many people only think about using sunscreen on holiday but it’s just as important to protect your skin here at home, not just on sunny days but even when it’s cloudy.
“The recent good weather may have caught people out so it’s really important to stock up on sunscreen products so you have them in for days when your skin is exposed outdoors.”
Stay safe in the sun this summer by following these easy sun sense top tips and ensure sunscreen is applied correctly:
Tip 1 - Protect
· Apply SunSense sunscreen at least 15 minutes before going outdoors
· Apply more than half a teaspoon (3ml) of sunscreen to each arm, the face and neck
· Apply more than one teaspoon (6ml) of sunscreen to each leg and the front and back of the body
· Apply sunscreen evenly. Use a mirror when applying sunscreen to the face
· Be careful not to miss any exposed areas· Avoid prolonged sun exposure. Do not stay too long in the sun,
even while using a sunscreen product
· Cover up with clothing, hats and eyewear to further reduce risk; and carefully protect children and babies from direct sun
Tip 2 - Maintain
· Reapply SunSense screen every 2-4 hours, as directed, and especially after swimming, exercising, perspiring and towelling dry
· Use sunscreen generously and reapply frequently
Tip 3 - Soothe
· Apply SunSense Aftersun Cooling Crème Gel to hydrate skin that feels dry after sun exposure
Besides being available online at www.crawfordhealthcare.com, sun care products in the SunSense range are also available from John Lewis stores, Waitrose and Ocado.