£10,000 reward in house fire deaths
A reward of up to £10,000 is being offered following a house fire which killed six members of the same family.
Sabah Usmani, her sons Muneeb, nine, and Rayyan, six, and daughter Hira, 12, died in the blaze in the early hours of October 15 at their home in Barn Mead, Harlow, Essex. A third son, Sohaib, 11, and daughter Maheen, three, died later in hospital.
Dr Usmani's husband, Abdul Shakoor, was the only survivor.
Essex Police recently said they suspect there was a burglary at the house shortly before the fire.
Crimestoppers has now said it will pay the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
Ann Scott, the charity's eastern regional manager, said: "This is an absolutely heartbreaking incident which has devastated and shocked the entire community.
"It is impossible to imagine how Dr Shakoor, who survived the fire, is coping with the loss of his family.
"Please come forward to the independent charity Crimestoppers so this truly awful crime can be solved."
She added that people had "nothing to fear" by contacting Crimestoppers as all witnesses could remain anonymous.
Information is particularly wanted about a group of four males who were outside the house in the early hours of October 15. They are described as aged between 16 and 19 and were wearing tracksuits and baseball caps.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation