Brady claims late Sharks success
Tom Brady's late try secured a priceless victory for Sale Sharks in their battle to avoid the drop as they overcame Bath 14-13 in horrific conditions.
With survival at stake, a solid first-half performance from Sale took them into the break 9-3 ahead through three Nick MacLeod penalties. Bath, who still harbour top-four ambitions, responded before the interval via Tom Heathcote's three-pointer.
Horacio Agulla's try then took the west country outfit into the lead as Heathcote added the extras, but Brady's excellent finish sealed the win - despite a last-gasp penalty from Heathcote with four minutes left - as the home side held on to go six points clear of London Welsh, who play Gloucester on Saturday.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation