Briton found dead at ski resort
A British man has been found dead at a French ski resort after apparently losing his way while en route to a bar.
The man, named in reports as Louis Robertson, 26, from Glasgow, was discovered in a stream at the La Plagne resort in the Alps.
He is said to have arrived at the resort on Sunday with two friends for a week's holiday. He left one bar and went missing on his way to another, it was reported.
"It appears he wanted to take a short cut to save time but he wasn't able to find his way again," a resort official was quoted in Le Parisien as saying.
A spokesman for the Foreign Office said: "We are aware of the death of a British national in France. We are providing consular assistance to the family at this difficult time."
- 'Fury' at bid to axe safe Gravel Lane crossing
- Julie Bailey "snubbed" by Stafford Borough Council
- Cannock council quashes rumours they intend to prosecute hospital campaigners
- Hospital's not changed says patient
- Medieval grooming kit and Charles II wedding memorabilia among treasure unearthed near Stafford
- Staffordshire County Council leader calls on Government to stop cuts