Car stolen with toddler in car seat
Police are looking for a thief who drove off in a car with an 18-month-old boy asleep inside.
The toddler, who was in a rear passenger child seat, was later found safe and well in Liverpool as the vehicle was recovered a short distance away.
The youngster's father had parked his blue Vauxhall Vectra in Whinmoor Road, West Derby, to deliver a package when the offender jumped in and drove off.
Police said the vehicle was abandoned near to Alder Hey Hospital.
A Merseyside Police spokesman said: "The driver of the vehicle had left the vehicle prior to the arrival of the police. A search of the area is under way and an investigation into the matter is ongoing."
- Hospital campaigners hope Stafford songbird can soar up charts with protest song
- Chase MP Aidan Burley hands hundreds of pledges supporting Cannock Hospital to administrators
- Bishop of Stafford urges administrators to make Mid Staffs 'trail-blazer for NHS'
- Stafford pub closed for five years to pull pints once more
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford campaigner Julie Bailey says Sir David Nicholson 'should go now not next year'