Detainee dies at immigration centre
An investigation has been launched into the death of a detainee at an immigration removal centre (IRC).
The detainee died at Harmondsworth IRC in west London on Tuesday.
A UK Border Agency spokesman said: "This death is being investigated so it would be inappropriate to comment at this stage.
"We will work with the prisons and probation ombudsman during the investigation."
Harmondsworth IRC, near Heathrow Airport, is a purpose-built, long-term centre which holds up to 615 detainees pending their removal from the UK.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation