Duo out of Euros
Andrew Pozzi and Conrad Williams have withdrawn from the Great Britain squad which is heading to Gothenburg for this weekend's European Indoor Championships, UK Athletics has confirmed.
Hurdler Pozzi has failed to recover from a hamstring injury and will rest ahead of the outdoor season, while 4x400m relay runner Williams is also out and has been replaced by Michael Warner.
"I had to pull out of trials as a precaution and unfortunately my hamstring still isn't right for me to be able race on Friday," said Pozzi.
"I'm bitterly disappointed to be missing the European Indoor Championships but now my focus is ensuring that I'm healthy and ready to go when this outdoor season starts.
The 28-strong squad retains a wealth of experience, though, with the likes of Olympic medalists Robbie Grabarz and Christine Ohuruogu included.
"There are some big names in the team, so it will be a really good experience for me, and one I'm really looking forward to," added Warner.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Carry a torch for Stafford Hospital at this Saturday's Night of Light