Elton 'overwhelmed' by second baby
Sir Elton John says his family is now complete after he became a parent for the second time.
He and partner David Furnish said they were "overwhelmed with happiness" at the birth of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
The new arrival was born in Los Angeles on Friday, weighing in at 8lb 4oz, via a surrogate mother, according to Hello!.
The couple already have a two-year-old boy called Zachary.
They told Hello!: "Both of us have longed to have children, but the reality that we now have two sons is almost unbelievable.
"The birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way. It is difficult to fully express how we are feeling at this time; we are just overwhelmed with happiness and excitement."
The baby shares his middle name, Daniel, with one of Sir Elton's 1970s hit singles.
Last week the couple's UK spokesman issued a statement to say reports that they were parents again were "false".
It was issued just hours before the birth after news began circulating in the US that a child had been born over the Christmas period.
Sir Elton, 65, and film producer Furnish have been in a relationship for almost 20 years and have been civil partners since 2005.
- Hospital campaigners hope Stafford songbird can soar up charts with protest song
- Chase MP Aidan Burley hands hundreds of pledges supporting Cannock Hospital to administrators
- Bishop of Stafford urges administrators to make Mid Staffs 'trail-blazer for NHS'
- Stafford pub closed for five years to pull pints once more
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford campaigner Julie Bailey says Sir David Nicholson 'should go now not next year'