Escaped murderer arrested at house
Police have arrested a convicted murderer who fled prison while on day release.
Brian Lynch, 44, was held just before 5am on Tuesday at an address in Gorton, Manchester.
A woman, 40, who was also at the address was arrested on suspicion of harbouring an escaped prisoner.
Lynch fled from Preston city centre last Thursday afternoon while on a day trip from nearby HMP Kirkham.
He was jailed in 1988 for the killing of 21-year-old Chi Yeung Yip in Clayton, Manchester.
A spokeswoman for Lancashire Police said: "Absconded prisoner Brian Lynch was arrested in the early hours of this morning at an address in the Gorton area of Manchester.
"A 40-year-old woman has been arrested for harbouring an escaped prisoner and both are currently in police custody in Manchester.
"Lynch will be charged with absconding and will be sent back to prison."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Carry a torch for Stafford Hospital at this Saturday's Night of Light