Finn needs time to recover
Steven Finn will play no further part in England's first tour match against India A because of a thigh strain, it was confirmed on Wednesday.
Finn underwent scans on Tuesday on his sore right leg, having left the field in pain after just four overs on the first morning of England's tour at the Brabourne Stadium.
Finn is a likely key component of the line-up for four Tests against India, starting in Ahmedabad on November 15. The 6ft 7in fast bowler will therefore need to prove his fitness in England's final warm-up match, a four-day fixture against Haryana which begins at Ahmedabad's Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Stadium on November 8.
An England and Wales Cricket Board text message provided the official update on Finn's condition.
It confirmed a "right thigh strain" and added: "(He will be) assessed over the next couple of days to determine a rehabilitation programme."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Cannabis factory found in Stafford street
- Out of work Rugeley residents offered jobs help