Gibbons wins British Championship
Olympic silver medalist Gemma Gibbons returned to action and picked up the first British Championship gold of her career in Sheffield.
Gibbons, one of the stars of London 2012, won all five of her contests at the English Institute of Sport, defeating Laura Dangerfield to win the final in just eight seconds.
She was not entirely happy with her performance, though, saying: "I didn't feel at my best today, it was my first competition back so I wasn't at my sharpest.
"It's good to be back and today was my first senior British Championships win, which was very pleasing and was good preparation for returning to the international circuit."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Foul play as woman fined for not cleaning up after pet