Hitzlsperger on trial with Everton
Former Germany international Thomas Hitzlsperger is training with Everton with a view to getting a getting a contract at Goodison Park.
Hitzlsperger has been without a club since leaving Wolfsburg at the end of last season but has Premier League experience following spells with West Ham and Aston Villa.
The 30-year-old has made a positive first impression at Everton and Blues assistant boss Steve Round told the club's official website: "I have been very pleased with him. Thomas is a long way off playing but we have given him the opportunity to come in and it is up to him now. We will assess him over the next couple of weeks."
Round went on: "He seems a really good lad and I don't think I have seen him without a smile on his face.
"What will determine whether he gets a contract is his fitness. He has had a bad injury and we would want to see that he could sustain training.
"If he could do that, he would add quality and strength to our squad. He has got a history of playing at the highest level."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation