Holtby could move in January - Schalke
Schalke are open to allowing Lewis Holtby move to Tottenham this month, according to managing director Horst Heldt.
Spurs last week reached an agreement with the Germany midfielder to move to White Hart Lane when his contract with the Gelsenkirchen club expires in the summer but Heldt said that could be brought forward if terms can be reached with Spurs.
Quoted in the Daily Mail, he said: "If Tottenham ask for Holtby in the January window, we will talk to them about it. Nothing has happened yet, but, from our point of view, we are prepared to speak to them. It would have to be done quickly, because we would have to find a replacement for him."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Entrepreneur Billy aims to make learning big business
- Taking aim at Penkridge Bank Holiday fun