Jenkinson trains with England
Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson received his first taste of senior international duty on Sunday when he trained with the England squad ahead of their World Cup qualifier against Poland.
Jenkinson has been spoken of as a potential England international of the future and coach Roy Hodgson has hinted the youngster will be called up for the first time for next month's friendly with Sweden in Gothenburg. However, with England using Arsenal's training facilities at London Colney, Hodgson opted to bring Jenkinson in for the day to gain some experience.
The player has not been called up and will not travel with the rest of the England squad when they head to Warsaw on Monday.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation