Khan and Molina set a date
Amir Khan will fight unbeaten American Carlos Molina in Los Angeles on December 15, it has been confirmed.
The Bolton fighter is taking the fight as a step towards regaining the IBF and WBA light-welterweight titles he has lost over the past 12 months in defeats to Lamont Petersen and Danny Garcia.
It was known that Molina would be his next opponent, however the date and venue remained to be announced, and tonight fight promoters Golden Boy revealed it would take place at the Los Angeles Sports Arena.
Khan, 25, recently named American Virgil Hunter as his new coach, replacing Freddie Roach who parted company with the former Olympic silver medallist in the wake of July's defeat to Garcia.
Khan is due to hold a press conference in London on Tuesday to discuss his assignment against Molina.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation