Man charged with murder over crash
A 52-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a woman who died after a car crashed into a tree.
Leicestershire Police said the man, who has yet to be named, was charged by detectives investigating the death of Sally Marie Lawrence.
Ms Lawrence, 47, was pronounced dead at the scene after the Peugeot 406 in which she was a passenger crashed in Oadby last Saturday.
Officers said the collision happened between 6.20pm and 6.35pm and involved one vehicle travelling along Gartree Road towards Leicester Airport.
The driver was injured and treated at the Leicester Royal Infirmary.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Castle, from the East Midlands Serious Operations Unit, said: "We are still appealing for anyone who was in the area to contact us.
"The car travelled from Ring Road via the Oadby racecourse roundabout and then on to Gartree Road - the scene of the collision.
"I am keen to hear from anyone who saw the car at any point or anyone who saw the occupants getting into the car on Ring Road on Saturday evening."
The charged man will appear at Leicester Magistrates' Court.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Julie Bailey "snubbed" by Stafford Borough Council
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- From one single machine to JCB order worth £27m