Man charged with murdering partner
A 50-year-old man has been charged with murdering his partner as officers continue to search for her, police said.
Pamela Jackson, 55, from Chester-le-Street, County Durham, was reported missing on Thursday by her son.
A 40-strong team of police including specialists is looking for the grandmother, who has three grown-up sons.
Her boyfriend Adrian Muir, of Calder Terrace, Halifax, West Yorkshire, was arrested and has been charged with murder.
He will appear before Consett Magistrates.
Mrs Jackson, who is also known as Cris or Crissie, does not drive and does not work due to health issues.
She is described as petite and is 5ft, slim and with very long, black hair which is usually straight.
She has a black rose tattoo to the upper right arm and large Celtic-style letters to the upper left arm. She usually wears what is described as vintage-style clothing with rings and costume jewellery.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Entrepreneur Billy aims to make learning big business
- Taking aim at Penkridge Bank Holiday fun