Man charged with two stab murders
A man has been charged with two counts of murder after two people were found stabbed to death in a block of flats, police have said.
The 43-year-old was arrested on Saturday after the bodies of 69-year-old Pauline Gillian and a man believed to be in his 40s were discovered on the Yew Tree Estate in Walsall, West Midlands.
He is due to appear at Sandwell Magistrates' Court on Tuesday morning.
Post-mortem examinations found both victims died from multiple stab wounds.
Mrs Gillian, described by her family "a wonderful, beloved mother and grandmother, who will be missed dearly", was found inside a flat in Acacia Avenue.
The male victim, who is still to be formally identified, was found behind the apartments.
In a statement, West Midlands Police said: "The victims' families are being supported by specially trained liaison officers at this time."
Detectives said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the incident.
Anyone with information with further information is asked to contact CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation