Man held over socialite's murder
A 36-year-old man has been arrested over the murder of a socialite who was found collapsed with head injuries.
Roberto Charles Troyan, 63, who was known as Robert, died on March 8 at his flat in Mount Street, Mayfair, central London.
Police believe that he was attacked at some point before 4pm that day, and are continuing to appeal for witnesses to come forward.
They have arrested the 36-year-old on suspicion of Mr Troyan's murder and he is being questioned at a police station in south London.
Mr Troyan's friend Sean McGuigan told the Evening Standard last week that he believed the 63-year-old was "too trusting".
He said: "A lot of people around him were after his money. He had some incredibly expensive antiques in his flat including a vase worth £100,000.
"He was incredibly trusting, too trusting. He would lavish gifts on people and was quite carefree with his money."
Police have appealed for anyone who saw anything suspicious in or around Mount Street to contact them on 020 8721 4066 or Crimestoppers to remain anonymous on 0800 555 111.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation