Man killed in M-way bridge fall
A man died after falling from a motorway bridge on to the road below.
Police were called to the M42 between junctions 3a and 4 in Birmingham at 10.20pm on Friday after reports that a man had fallen on to the northbound carriageway from a bridge.
Despite the efforts of paramedics the man died at the scene, West Midlands Police said. His next of kin has been informed.
The motorway was closed in both directions for a number of hours while officers carried out investigations.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or may have information is asked to call the police road collision investigation department on 101.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation