Man killed in double stab attack
One man has died and a second man has been seriously injured following a double stabbing.
Police and paramedics were called to the incident in Gilpin Street, Peterborough, at 7.17am on Wednesday.
One man died at the scene and a second man was taken to hospital where he is described as stable.
Detective Inspector Tim Redfearn said: "Details about this incident remain sketchy and I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area this morning, who has any information about this incident."
An East of England Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "Our thoughts are with all those affected by this incident.
"Our crews worked extremely well with other emergency services on scene in an extremely difficult situation and the trust thanks them for their sterling efforts."
Witnesses should contact the Cambridgeshire Police major crime unit on police non-emergency phone number 101.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation