Man killed in para jump accident
A 56-year-old man has died after his parachute apparently failed to open during a jump.
The accident happened at Strathallan Airfield near the town of Auchterarder in Perthshire.
Tayside Police said officers were called to the site shortly after 1pm on Saturday.
A force spokesman said: "Relevant inquiries are ongoing into the incident and as with all unexpected deaths, a report will be submitted to the procurator fiscal."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Residents will be glad to see the back of Nicholson, says Stone MP