Murray and Strokosch back for Scotland
Scotland`s interim head coach Scott Johnson has recalled Euan Murray and Alasdair Strokosch to his squad for this Saturday's RBS 6 Nation clash with Wales.
Murray, the 32-year-old tight-head prop, and 31-times-capped Perpignan back-row forward Strokosch both return to the group after missing last month`s 12-8 win over Ireland.
Devout Christian Murray was unavailable on religious grounds as he declines to play on the Sabbath while Strokosch has been sidelined since the facial injury he suffered in the opening-day defeat to England at Twickenham.
Of those who were in the match-day 23 against Ireland only David Denton is absent. The Edinburgh back-row forward picked up a knee injury while on duty for his club in their RaboDirect PRO12 loss to the Scarlets at the weekend.
However, Ryan Wilson, the uncapped Glasgow Warriors number eight, who led Scotland A to their win against England Saxons last month, is enlisted.
The Scotland team to face the Welsh at Murrayfield this weekend is due to be announced on Tuesday at noon.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Entrepreneur Billy aims to make learning big business
- Taking aim at Penkridge Bank Holiday fun