Murray gets a walkover
Andy Murray enjoyed a free pass into the third round of the Shanghai Masters as scheduled opponent Florian Mayer withdrew through injury prior to their match.
Murray, the two-time defending champion and number three seed in Shanghai, was awarded the walkover victory after Germany's Meyer, who enjoyed a straightforward 6-4 6-0 win over Bernard Tomic in the first round, succumbed to a rib injury.
Having also been handed a first-round bye, US Open champion Murray finds himself in the last 16 of the hardcourt tournament without having struck a ball in anger.
The Scot will meet either Gilles Simon or Alexandr Dolgopolov in the next round.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation