Murray seeded third Down Under
Andy Murray has been confirmed as the third seed for next week's Australian Open.
The British number one, who won his maiden grand slam at last year's US Open and retained his Brisbane Open title on Sunday, is looking to win at Melbourne Park for the first time after finishing runner-up in 2010 and 2011.
Top seed in the men's draw is world number one and two-time reigning champion Novak Djokovic, with Roger Federer second, David Ferrer fourth and Tomas Berdych fifth. Rafa Nadal, the world number four, pulled out of the tournament last week through illness.
The top women's seed is Victoria Azarenka, followed by Maria Sharapova, Serena Williams, Agnieszka Radwanska and Angelique Kerber, matching the WTA world rankings.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Julie Bailey "snubbed" by Stafford Borough Council
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford crafters set up shop in Oddfellows Market