N'Diaye set for Sunderland
Sunderland have agreed a fee with Turkish side Bursaspor for France Under-21 midfielder Alfred N'Diaye, Press Association Sport understands.
Black Cats officials flew to Turkey with an improved offer after their initial bid, said to be in the region of £2million, was turned down.
Combative 21-year-old N'Diaye started his career with French club Nancy before moving to Bursaspor in July 2011.
N'Diaye is believed to be flying to the north east for a medical and to discuss personal terms. If confirmed, he will become boss Martin O'Neill's first signing of the January transfer window.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- 'Get Stafford Hospital song to No 1'
- Gnosall grandparents reach the end of the line on charity walk