PCSOs arrested in sex claims probe
Two Police Community Support Officers have been arrested in connection with alleged sexual offences and misconduct in a public office, police have said.
The officers involved are in Nottinghamshire, the county's police force said.
A spokesman said a 28-year-old man was taken into custody on Thursday and questioned on suspicion of rape and misconduct in a public office. These relate to alleged offences said to have taken place several years ago and were reported to the force on Wednesday.
A second officer, who is 45, was arrested on Friday and is facing accusations of misconduct in a public office, the spokesman said.
Both men have been released on bail pending further inquiries.
The force has also referred the matter to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation