Pippa launches party planning book
Pippa Middleton has celebrated the launch of her first party planning book at a lavish event in central London.
She was joined by close friends, family and publishers at Daunt Books in the capital where she stopped to pose for photographers in a Stella McCartney dress.
Celebrate: A Year of British Festivities for Families and Friends, has been described by publisher Michael Joseph, an offshoot of Penguin, as a book "packed with recipes, crafts and inspirational ideas".
It claims to be "a one-stop guide to entertaining throughout the British year" and aims to help readers plan a variety of events from Christmas and Easter to family birthdays, brunches and picnics.
The 416-page glossy hardback, which features photographs of Pippa engaging in party planning activities such as cooking and decorating, has hit the shelves and is on sale for £25.
Speaking outside the launch event, Pippa, 29, told journalists she felt "really, really nervous". She said: "I feel incredibly lucky to be in this position to publish a book. It's been a crazy few years since my sister's wedding. It's had its upsides and its downsides and I feel really fortunate to build a career as a writer."
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge did not attend the private event. A Buckingham Palace spokesman said the royal couple were both in Anglesey while William carries out duties as an RAF search and rescue pilot.
Among the party tips included in the book, Pippa tells readers how to prepare for forthcoming Halloween celebrations.
She writes: "Decorate your windows with stained-glass bats. String outdoor fairy lights around trees and shrubs, and light the pathway with a few paper lanterns. A scarecrow made like a Bonfire Night Guy sat under a tree and lit with a torch will set the scene from a distance. A few mournful ghosts floating around will add to the effect: simply blow up white balloons, tie each one to a bamboo cane and drape a white sheet over it. Tie around the 'neck' with string and use a black marker to draw the face. Stick the canes in the ground where you want each ghost to stand."
A Michael Joseph spokesman said Pippa had no plans to publish more books at the moment but the socialite is expected to embark on a book signing tour. Managing director of Michael Joseph, Louise Moore, said: "Pippa Middleton's Celebrate is a truly inspiring treasure trove of fun ideas and creative suggestions for key celebrations throughout the year. We are delighted to be her publishers and to have worked with her on this milestone publication.'
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation