Robson beaten in Dubai
Laura Robson was beaten by Kazakhstan's Yulia Putintseva in the first round of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships.
Robson, the world number 45, lost 6-4 2-6 7-6 (8/6) in two hours 21 minutes to her 18-year-old opponent.
The British number two started well by racing into a 2-0 lead in the first set, but was immediately pegged back as Putintseva took the opener.
Robson responded well in the second set, but Putintseva held her nerve in the tie-break to book her place in the next round.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation