Robson bows out
Laura Robson was knocked out of the China Open in the second round by Spain's Lourdes Dominguez Lino.
The 18-year-old went into the match as the higher-ranked player, a rarity in her young career, but a late break in a tight first set proved crucial as her 31-year-old opponent triumphed 7-5 6-3.
The first set went with serve until the very last game, when Dominguez Lino finally forced the match's first break point and took it to win the set 7-5.
Another break followed in game three of the second set and the Spaniard backed it up with a hold to lead 3-1.
A further break for each player left Dominguez Lino with a 5-3 lead and she duly completed victory in an hour and 35 minutes.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation