Robson suffers Shenzhen defeat
Laura Robson's run in the Shenzhen Open ended at the second-round stage, with the Briton losing in straight sets to Monica Niculescu.
Robson was barely in the game against the Romanian, losing 6-2 6-3 as she failed to live up to her seventh seeding.
The world number 53 will now spend the remainder of the week fine-tuning her preparations for the Australian Open which starts on January 14.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation