Runner dies in city half marathon
A runner has died while taking part in a half marathon.
The runner, who has not yet been named, was running in the Bupa Great Birmingham Run.
A statement on the organisers website said: "We are sad to inform you that an individual has lost their life today at the Great Birmingham Run.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of the person concerned."
They said no further details would be released until next of kin is informed.
Thousands of runners took part in the 13.1 mile event through the city's streets on Sunday.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation