Saints charged by FA
The Football Association has confirmed that Southampton have been charged with failing to control their players following the award of a penalty to Norwich during Saturday's Barclays Premier League match at Carrow Road.
After consulting with his assistant, referee Mark Clattenburg ruled that Luke Shaw pushed Grant Holt just inside the penalty area.
Holt missed the subsequent spot-kick with Artur Boruc keeping out his effort, but Southampton players continued to protest after the final whistle, and were joined on the pitch by manager Mauricio Pochettino.
The club has until 4pm on Friday to respond to the charge.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Entrepreneur Billy aims to make learning big business
- Taking aim at Penkridge Bank Holiday fun