SamCam bakes cakes for Comic Relief
Samantha Cameron has put the dough into Downing Street as she did her bit for charity by baking cakes for Comic Relief.
The Prime Minister's wife looked as though she had sided with the opposition as she popped on a red wig to match the charity's signature shade and cooked up a batch of goodies.
Her efforts are to be sold to Downing Street staff to raise money, and she is aiming to inspire the nation to similarly get their pinnies on and bake for this year's Red Nose Day.
Mrs Cameron said: "Baking is such a brilliant and easy way to raise money for Red Nose Day. I know the children are really looking forward to selling our cakes around the offices in Downing Street.
"I hope lots of people all over the country are also baking, or finding other fun ways to support Comic Relief."
Money raised will go towards projects in the UK and Africa. A special baking fundraising kit, with recipe, bunting and price labels, is available from www.rednoseday.com/bake.
- Royal visit 'charade' as work at Staffordshire Place is covered up
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy in talks with university bosses over Stafford site future
- Failed judicial review over controversial Hixon planning application bid to cost thousands
- Drink in the atmosphere ... Tickets on sale for Wildlife Trust food and beer festival
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation