Sharks reject Redpath sack claims
Sale Sharks have dismissed reports that Bryan Redpath has been sacked as the club's director of rugby.
Reports said the Scot had been given the boot after his team lost their first seven Aviva Premiership matches of the season.
But the club's head of media Dave Swanton said in a statement: "Sale Sharks would like to place on record that Bryan Redpath has NOT been dismissed by the club."
Speculation has swirled around Redpath's position after their dismal start to the campaign and their latest reverse, a 23-16 loss to Worcester on Friday, left them seven points adrift at the foot of the table.
Redpath took over at Sale in June after leaving Gloucester, part of an overhaul of the club as they left Stockport for the City of Salford Stadium.
Big-name signings including Danny Cipriani and Richie Gray followed but the results have not, with only a single Heineken Cup victory over Cardiff Blues in the wins column.
The 41-year-old Redpath spent five years with Sale as a player between 2000 and 2005. He was capped 60 times by Scotland.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation