Solemia lands Arc thriller
Solemia landed a shock victory in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe at Longchamp to break the hearts of supporters of Japanese hope Orfevre.
Christophe Soumillon looked to have the race in the bag as he swept past the field on the outside in the straight on the Far East superstar, but the four-year-old began to send out distress signals in the final half-furlong.
Olivier Peslier asked for a big effort from Solemia, who is trained by Carlos Laffon-Parias, and she got up in the shadow the post to snatch the prize. Masterstroke finished third.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation