Sordell brace sends Sunderland out
Marvin Sordell struck a second-half double as npower Championship Bolton booked an FA Cup fourth-round clash against Everton after stunning dismal Sunderland with a 2-0 victory at the Stadium of Light.
Sordell slid home a 64th-minute penalty and wrapped up victory nine minutes later as Dougie Freedman's men made sure of victory 10 days after blowing a two-goal lead in their Reebok Stadium clash.
Martin O'Neill had made his intentions clear by naming a strong side for the replay in contrast to Freedman, whose own slender play-off aspirations prompted him to make six changes from the weekend draw with Millwall.
MK Dons reached the fourth round for the first time in their short history with a 2-0 replay victory over Sheffield Wednesday.
Shaun Williams' first-half penalty and a fortuitous second goal from a Dean Bowditch free-kick saw the npower League One team overcome their Championship opponents at stadium:mk.
In a game of few chances, the hosts created the better opportunities as a much-changed Wednesday side struggled for cohesion.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation