Spurs ease past Coventry
Coventry were unable to pull off a repeat of their historic 1987 FA Cup final win as Tottenham crushed the Sky Blues 3-0 at White Hart Lane.
Coventry stunned the eight-time Cup champions 26 years ago in one of the most memorable finals in this illustrious competition, but the Midlanders have fallen a long way since that day.
That was evident in the opening stages as Tottenham controlled the game before taking the lead through Clint Dempsey in the 14th minute. A deflected shot from the American then flew into the path of Gareth Bale, who made it 2-0, before the Welshman returned the favour soon after, setting Dempsey up to make it 3-0.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation