Taylor facing action
Phil Taylor is facing action following his on-stage confrontation with Raymond van Barneveld at the Ladbrokes World Championship.
The pair appeared to exchange angry words on stage after shaking hands at the end of their semi-final match at Alexandra Palace, which Taylor won. Afterwards the 52-year-old apologised to the Dutchman and expressed his disappointment at his actions, adding he would be happy to feel the full force of any disciplinary action.
Taylor had claimed Van Barneveld's handshake had been too strong. A PDC spokesman has confirmed: "As with any incident like this, it has been referred to the Darts Regulation Authority. They will decide if there's been any breach of the rules and whether there should be a punishment."
Taylor went on to win his 16th world title by beating Van Barneveld's compatriot Michael van Gerwen in the final.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation