Temperatures set for sharp fall
Temperatures are set to plunge by as much as 10 degrees in less than a week, meteorologists said.
Warm weather is expected to arrive on Monday with temperatures climbing to a maximum of 20C (68F) in London, but it will only last a day as northern winds bring a chill to the United Kingdom which has so far seen mild autumn temperatures.
The sunshine and warmth will give way to more unsettled weather with temperatures dropping by a few degrees every day to 8/9C (46.4F) on Friday.
Alexi Boothman, a forecaster with Meteogroup, the weather division of the Press Association, said: "Clearly, it is a gradual decrease in temperatures from the beginning of the week and it is quite a marked fall in the space of a week with the air mass being turned around."
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Julie Bailey "snubbed" by Stafford Borough Council
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- From one single machine to JCB order worth £27m