Thompstone stars for Tigers
Winger Adam Thompstone scored a hat-trick on his first start as Leicester bounced back from last week's home defeat to Harlequins with a superb 30-8 victory over Exeter at Welford Road.
Thompstone, signed from London Irish in the summer, scored one in the first half and two in the second, with England fly-half Toby Flood kicking 15 points in a fine all-round performance.
Fly-half Ignacio Mieres kicked an early penalty for Exeter, while Ben White scored a last-minute consolation try.
Meanwhile, Olly Barkley ended his Bath career on a winning note as struggling Sale slumped to their fifth successive Aviva Premiership defeat of the season.
England international Barkley, who joins French club Racing Metro next week, kicked 16 points, including the conversions of prop David Wilson's try and a late penalty try, as the hosts secured a 31-10 win at the Recreation Ground.
Bath flanker Ben Skirving also scored, and although Sale delivered a second-half Johnny Leota try converted by Nick Macleod, who slotted an early penalty, the Sharks remain in 12th and last place with just one point.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Volunteers sought for Stone clean up operation