Two charged over hit-and-run death
Two people have been charged after a 12-year-old boy was killed in a hit and run after a car sped away from police.
Bilal Raffey Khizar was killed when he was hit by a red Seat Ibiza on a road crossing in Bradford, West Yorkshire, on Saturday.
West Yorkshire Police said a man and a woman, both aged 21, will appear at Bradford Magistrates' Court on Wednesday.
The man has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving, perverting the course of justice and other motoring offences.
The woman has been charged with perverting the course of justice.
A police spokesman said a marked police car pulled the car over in a lay-by on Rooley Lane, but as officers got out of their car to approach it, it made off at speed.
Police followed the car, which hit Bilal on a crossing close to an Asda store just moments later at around 7pm.
The car did not stop but continued to the Chain Bar roundabout on the M606, where it hit two other vehicles.
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Julie Bailey "snubbed" by Stafford Borough Council
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- From one single machine to JCB order worth £27m