Vidic may be out until Christmas
Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic could be sidelined until Christmas, manager Sir Alex Ferguson has said.
The Serbian defender was ruled out for a minimum of eight weeks after undergoing knee surgery in September.
But any hopes the 31-year-old might be back before the end of November have proved optimistic with Ferguson telling MUTV: "I think we're talking around December for Vidic. Maybe around Christmas time."
Vidic missed the last five months of last season with cruciate ligament damage but this latest problem is not related.
United have been hampered by defensive injuries this season with Chris Smalling and Phil Jones also currently on the sidelines.
- Hospital campaigners hope Stafford songbird can soar up charts with protest song
- Chase MP Aidan Burley hands hundreds of pledges supporting Cannock Hospital to administrators
- Bishop of Stafford urges administrators to make Mid Staffs 'trail-blazer for NHS'
- Stafford pub closed for five years to pull pints once more
- Jewish businesswoman Sam Caldicott slams anti-HS2 group for 'disgusting' video
- Stafford Hospital A&E consultant calls for 'an end to mud-slinging'
- Shoppers mourn loss of town centre "flagship" store
- Stafford MP Jeremy Lefroy calls for an end to 'hospital bitterness' after incidents mar peaceful protest
- Police aim to deliver a car crushing blow
- Stafford campaigner Julie Bailey says Sir David Nicholson 'should go now not next year'